Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pizza!

I am preparing to take time out for a little supper break...Papa Murphy's Pizza. My husband picked up the "Perfect Pizza." I'll eat the pineapple and ham, and he'll eat the pepperoni. I recall the first time I tried pineapple on pizza was 20+ years ago. I was visiting my sister in Minneapolis and my brother-in law suggested it. I thought he was nuts! One bite and I was hooked. It is one of my favorite kinds and for that particular combo, I think Papa Murphy's is the best.

This summer, for the first time, I was introduced to ranch dressing on pizza. Have you tried that? I love ranch dressing, but it didn't really "knock my socks off" on pizza.

I like just about any kind of pizza crust...thin crust, pan crust, thick crust, stuffed crust, french bread, etc. Pizza baked in wood fired, brick lined ovens in Italy were a special treat on our visit there. My hubby likes to make his own special version on the grill in the summer...thin & crispy, and tasting somewhat like the crusts from Italy.

As for toppings and sauces, I like almost anything, though I'm not crazy about pepperoni. What are your favorite pizza toppings? Do you have any "wierd" combinations? Do you have a favorite "brand?"

Pizza's here.....mmmmm. Smells great! Time to enjoy!

No comments: